Getting Your Data Set Up
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Emergency Management Suite
- Navigate360 Training Institute
- SEL - Suite360
- Behavioral Threat Assessment Case Manager
- Visitor Management
- ALICE Training Institute
- Detect - Social Sentinel
- P3 - Anonymous Tip Reporting
Preparing Your Data File
Setting Up Your Data File
To begin, export a data file from your Student Information System (SIS) that includes all of the students, staff or parents who will be participating in the program. For help with your particular SIS, please contact your system administrator or SIS vendor. To know what fields to export, please reference our "Data Cheat Sheet."
Once you have the export prepared, open the data exported from your SIS using any spreadsheet software, like Excel, Numbers, or Google Sheets.
Before we prepare the data file, here are a few key terms:
- The term field refers to each individual cell in your spreadsheet.
- The column headers refer to the name of each field. It’s very important to name each column exactly as listed in the cheat sheet or below. However, the order of each column does not matter.
The first column header is Student ID. Suite360 supports two types of student IDs: numeric and alphanumeric. The AID field is used for numeric IDs and the ID field is for alpha-numeric IDs.
Last field is the user’s last name. Both of these fields are required.
If your students have email addresses, but you DO NOT want them to use it as a username, then you can use something else as a username.
If you are struggling with the username, please let us know and we can help you adjust your file.
Understanding and Editing Roles
- Can see and edit students connected to his/her class
- Cannot create admin accounts
- Can only assign lessons to classes and individual students (not grades or schools)
- Sees reporting only for students and assignments for his/her class
- Must be assigned a class
- School Admin
- Can see and edit students connected to his/her school
- Can add instructors and other school admins
- Can only assign lessons to grades and classes (not schools)
- Sees reporting only for students and assignments for his/her school
- Must be assigned a school
- District Admin
- Can see and edit every student and admin in the program
- Can add instructors, school admins, and other district admins
- Can assign lessons by class, grade, and school
- Sees reporting for all students in the program
- Does not need to be assigned a class or school
To update a user's role, click on "All Users" and then type the name of the user in the "Simple Search"
Once you have found the name of the user, click on the orange "Edit" button on the right hand side of the screen:
The roles can be changed under the "Roles" section of the user account. To remove a role, simply click on the "x" to remove the admin role.
To add a role, click on the "Add" button:
Select "District Admin," "School Admin," or "Instructor" and check the box next to what you want to find. If you want to search, you can click on the magnifying glass next to "Name" and then you can search by typing in whatever role you're looking for:
Once you've selected all of the roles that you need the user to have, click confirm to save those roles to the account.
Then scroll down to the bottom and click "Update User" to save the information.
Special Considerations For Using Classes and Instructors
By including the role "instructor" on any admin's account, you automatically restrict that admin's access to student/parent data associated with the instructor. Student and parent data can be associated with an instructor either through a school or a class.
Thus, if you are using "Instructors" in your program, you must also have schools or classes set up or the instructors will see NOTHING.
When you're setting up classes in the program, you include the "Classes" field in your data upload for BOTH instructors and students. The class name (data in classes field) must match exactly between instructor files and student files.
Special considerations for district/multi-school deployments
Similar to class, the school name needs to be consistent across all data files (student, teacher and instructor).
Data Cheat Sheet
Optional *(Must be numeric)
|Requirements (Parent)||Do not include||Required||Required||Required||Required (student grade)||Optional||Optional||Do not include||
Do not include
Do not include
|Required||Required||Required||Do not include||Optional||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Example Data (Student)||123456||Jane||Doefirstname.lastname@example.org||7||jdoe||123456||Some School||Rm 202|
|Example Data (Parent)||-||John||Doeemail@example.com||7||jdoeparent||123456||-||-|
|Example Data (Staff)||-||Mr.||Teacherfirstname.lastname@example.org||-||mteacher||MTeacher1||Some School||Rm 202|
Uploading Your Data
Finding the Data Import Wizard
- Find it on the left hand menu:
- In any user list (Students, Parents or Instructors), click on the "Import Users" button at the top of the page:
Choosing the User Type
Selecting the File
Review the Summary
Select the Username Field
Set the Password
Organize the rest of your data
Uploading a Single User
Start by hovering over the menu of the type of user you want to upload. For example, if I wanted to upload a student, I would hover over the "Student" menu item. After you hover, the "Create new ___" option will appear. These menus are accessed by clicking on the "Users" menu item.
You can also find the "New ____" button in any relevant user menu (School Admins, Instructors, Parents or Students):
You will want to then fill out any relevant information for that user based on the same fields found in the data file.
- Password - You can either create a password for the user or have the system do so automatically. The Username and Password will be displayed for any successful upload.
- Roles - Select the appropriate role(s) for the user you are uploading. See "Understanding Roles" above to review what role(s) would be appropriate.
- Username - Can be set as the email address or any other unique identifier. However, please note that the username MUST be unique. You cannot create two users with the same username.
- First Name - The user's first name
- Last Name - The user's last name
- Email - The user's email address. This field is mandatory when using the account creation tool for Administrators (teachers, school admins etc...) and Parents. It is optional for Students as long as there is both a Username AND an ID.
- School Name - If there is more than one school involved in the program then a dropdown will appear with a list of the schools.
- Student ID (both Numeric and Alphanumeric) - You only have to put the student ID into ONE of these fields. If your student ID has letters and numbers use the "Alphanumeric" student ID. If it's only numbers, use the "Numeric" field. This field is not necessary for any users aside from students.
- Password - You have the ability to pre-set the password for any user you create. We STRONGLY recommend that you do so even though you don't have to. Setting the password allows you to easily convey credentials to any user you're adding.
- Classes (students and instructors) - This is where you can add students and instructors to classes that have already been created.